Determine Baby's Sex TestOld Wives Tales
What did they do before they invented ultrasound?
Here's some old wive's tales that are suppose to determine the sex of your baby.
How they came up with these ideas, I do not know, but they have been passed down from grandmas to moms for generations.
1. Gold ring baby test - Thread a needle or a gold ring, hold it over the unborn child. If it spins, the baby is a girl, if it swings the baby is a boy. (Also this has been used on me by my aunts, but they tested the underside of my wrist.)
2. If you have lots of morning sickness, then it's a boy.
3. If the baby is very active and kicks a lot, it's a boy.
4. If the mother is carrying the baby low it's a boy, high it's a girl.
5. If the mother's stomach appears to be small for the stage that she's at, the baby is a girl, if large it's a boy.
6. If the mother's face is tight and drawn, it's a boy; if her face is soft and glowing, it's a girl.
7. If the mother gains lots of weight early in her pregnancy, it's a girl.
8. If her right eye and breast are enlarged, it's a boy.
9. If the mother is sick during her first trimester, it's a girl, if the husband is sick, it's a boy.
10. If the baby's heartbeat is more than 140 beats per minute, it's a girl, less, it's a boy.
MONDAY's child is fair of face
TUESDAY'S child is full of grace
WEDNESDAY'S child is sour and sad
THURSDAY'S child is merry and glad
FRIDAY's child is loving and giving
SATURDAY's child must work for a living
But a child born on the SABBATH DAY
Is blithe and bonny and good and gay.