Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Don't just buy a gift for the new baby, buy a gift for the new mommy too. She is going to be doing all the work! Special little items will make her day!
I always feel bad when the new baby gets so many gifts, and mommy got nothing, but to open all the gifts.
So please, let's start a new fad, and get something for mommy, even if it's some candles, cologne, or bubblebath.
Baby Shower Registry
One thing about getting a Baby Shower gift is that you are always afraid of getting the same thing that someone else is going to get. Create a babyshower gift list.
That's why they began Baby Shower Registries.
The thing we found out is that people rarely use the baby registry at all.
So the best thing to do is to offer the receipt to the mommy, in case she wants to return something, otherwise she'll wind up like my daughter with 5 diaper bags!
In some states it is the custom to give new parents a piggy bank that guests fill with money for the baby.
Homemade or Unusual Gifts for Baby
- A Baby Bonnet made from a handkerchief (which includes a card with instructions to snip a few threads and use on the baby's "wedding" day for the bride to carry.)
- Wall hangings
- Baby's name in large wooden letters
- Personalized picture frames, or cross-stitched on fabric
- Personalized quilts
- Hand kitted sweaters and booties
- Crochet a baby gift
- Christening gown
- Coins minted the year of the child's birth
- Embrodiered training pants
- Quilted car seat cover
- Fabric wall organizer with pockets
- Hanging diaper carrier
- Personalized porcelain bank
- Handmade cloth baby book
- Soft fabric rattles
- Framed newspaper front page and horoscope from the day baby was born.